Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fins-N-Skins Closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candle Light

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Fins-N-Skins Closed   January 7th 2013, 2:20 pm

It sure is sad to see Fins-N-Skins closed. I enjoyed doing business there for many years, and always loved to stop by the snake room to look around. Spending a few minutes in there was often like a little piece of heaven on a bad day. Hats off to Mike the owner for keeping a small shop going as long as he did.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   January 12th 2013, 10:57 pm

I have mixed feelings about fins n skins. a good friend of mine worked there and his views were less than positive. I also knew another person that worked there for years and he was kinda the same way. I did send a lot of ppl his way due to he had stuff chains don't and he could order things for ppl. It is sad to see it go, too bad it wasn't critter barn, but they aren't far behind. I do give him props for holding up so long.
Back to top Go down
Candle Light

PostSubject: Local Pet Shops   January 13th 2013, 1:50 am

Yeah, I've read on here where some folks didn't like Fins-N-Skins, and even more do not like Critter Barn. Too bad about some of the ex employees at F-N-S, some of them were pretty cool. I've also been going to Critter Barn for years, although haven't been there but a few times in the last three years. I agree with what alot of people on here have said about the place, especially about cleanliness and customer service. With animals and supplies readily available from vendors on kingsnake.com, I have no need to go to Critter Barn.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   January 14th 2013, 9:46 pm

Yea, the feeders a lot of ppl around here get them from eddie.
Back to top Go down
Candle Light

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   January 15th 2013, 12:52 am

I just ordered supplies and received them last week. But...I'm all too happy to support local peeps. Who is Eddie and how can I contact Eddie when I need more mice?
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   January 15th 2013, 4:23 pm

Eddie, is.......Eddie lol. He lives in powell area, and makes trips to maryville usually every saturday. his # is 865 310 9392.
Back to top Go down
Candle Light

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   January 15th 2013, 9:43 pm

Thanks for the number. Eddie and I are practically neighbors, so getting mice will be quick and easy. I'm assuming his rates for ice are reasonable. Joining KARK is already beneficial!
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   February 3rd 2013, 6:44 pm

yes his rates are competitive haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fins-N-Skins Closed   

Back to top Go down

Fins-N-Skins Closed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Reptile Discussion :: Reptile Shops & Supply Stores-
Jump to: